Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Exploring Daejeon City in A Day

Hi friends, this time I want to share about one of my favorite cities in South Korea, Daejeon. 

You know, when I was living in Sejong , the city is still new (because it's really a brand new city built especially for government complex), that's why many things are still on progress and many buildings were still under construction. 

Of course there are cafes and shopping mall in our beloved city Sejong hehe, but at that time the city is still kind of empty. As for me, it's good, because i especially love the calm atmosphere. But sometimes when I really need such a festive atmosphere, I tend to come to more populated city with more entertainment things hehe. But Seoul is quite far from my city (of course i like to visit Seoul too but it can be done only on weekend or when there was no class), so Daejeon is definitely the best option.  



From Sejong to Daejeon, it only takes around 30 minutes or maybe more (depend on which area you want to visit). There are actually many places you can visit in Daejeon, but in this blog, I will only list the places where I and my friends have been around. 

1. Daejeon Skyroad
The best place in Daejeon for me, almost similar like Myeongdong in Seoul. Me and my friends often went here just for eating, shopping, or maybe relaxing after had our exams lol ^^
There are many places for shopping, many restaurants, skincare stores (you can list it from nature republic, innisfree, and other skincare stores available here). Street food here is also one of the best. 
There is alo Daejeon underground shopping center which is located under/below daejeon skyroad. You can buy many clothes at cheap price there :)




2. UNIQLO Daejeon
Well, uniqlo is one of my favorite brands. It's not expensive yet the clothes are having good quality and super comfortable to wear. I love to go to uniqlo even if I didn't buy (or just window shopping lol).
There is also quite big stor of UNIQLO and it's still in the same area with Daejeon Skyroad, so it's actually super easy to be reached. 


3. Sung Sim Dang Bakery
The best bakery in Daejeon (and maybe in Korea). Not only people in Daejeon come to buy bread here, but people from other regions also often come here just for buying the bread. And you have to know the store of Sung Sim dang is always packed with people. Even when I invited a friend of mine who live in seoul to daejeon, she said that she will definitely go back to Daejon only for Sung Sim Dang bakery. 
There are actually several Sung Sim Dang bakeries in Korea, but I like to come to the bakery which is located around Daejeon Skyroad. 




4. Mokcheokgyo Bridge 
Mokcheokgyo bridge is the bridge I always walk on in Daejeon and is one of the daejeon landmarks. Next to the bridge, you can see the park area and if you continue to walk straight you can reach Daejeon Skyroad.


5. Daejeon Jungang Market
Just a regular market, where you can buy your necessities, foods, vegetables, fruits, meats, street foods, and etc. The street foods here are super cheap and many options available (from  tteokbokki, odeng, hotteok, pajeon, and etc.)


6. KAIST
Speaking about Daejeon, you can't forget this famous university from Daejeon, yes KAIST. This university is one of great universities in Korea, especially for students who want to be enrolled in engineering faculty. There are also many Indonesian students studying here. And I also came here for the Indonesian student community's event held here. And one of the best autumn view here in my opinion. 





7. Yuseong Hot Spring Public Foot Bath
You want to be health and relax, so this is one of the places you can visit. Yuseong Hot Spring is opened for public and it's free. The location is outdoor and you can only did the foot bath here. If you want to have sauna and hot spring for your body, you can go to the jjimjilbang (public bath house) around Daejeon. 

8. Daejeon world stadium 
I only came here once, and it's not for watching football matches, but for watching Kpop concert hehehe. Maybe I will tell about the story of my Daejeon Kpop concert  in another blog post. 




9. National science museum
Came here in my summer break with my roommate because my roommate likes to come to museum. In my opinion, museums here in South Korea is the best. They are well maintained and the museum is also made as attractive as possible so we can having fun while study. The National Science Museum in Daejeon is one of my favorite museums in Korea, and it's really a big museum.  There's a lot of things here (especially for science). The most favorite thing is when I visited the cinema-kind-of-thing to experience watching galaxy, planets, and etc. 








So that's all few places here in Daejeon that I recommend for you guys to visit. 
If I go back to South Korea, I will definitely come again to Daejeon. Wish my dreams come true *finger cross*

No comments: